Before becoming a business broker, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Matt spent most of his career working in small businesses as a CEO for closely held companies, family businesses, and as an owner himself. He knows that to many business owners, their business is like another child, and he knows the sleepless nights.
Throughout his career, he has participated in almost twenty investment banking transactions from both the sell and buys sides and managed companies with revenues in excess of $50 million.
- Prior to founding Matthew Thomas Advisors, he spent time at Teamshares, Inc., the largest buyer of small businesses in the United States, where he worked on and closed eleven acquisitions as part of the Transactions Team. Through this experience, he found that there is an enormous need for highly skilled and caring small business brokers.
- He has a combined twenty years of experience as a CEO for closely held manufacturing and consumer product firms.
- During the financial crisis, he was a turnaround and restructuring executive in financial services working on the turnaround, sale, and refinancings of companies throughout Western Pennsylvania and Northeast Ohio.
- He has senior-level leadership experience in private equity-owned companies in service, manufacturing, and consumer products.
- Matt is a lifelong Western Pennsylvania with two grown children and resides in Allison Park with his wife Holly and their two boxers, Lola and Enzo.